RETAIL SOLUTIONS | CHRISTMAS IN JULY
July 29, 2022 – Holiday shopping is a yearly tradition to many, and this year especially is cause for celebration as in-person shopping is back in full swing. For many retail businesses, the holiday season is one of the biggest sales periods of the year — generating between 50% to 80% of total sales in just a few weeks. It’s known as the busiest time in retail, with almost one third of sales happening between Black Friday and Christmas alone. Effective holiday marketing helps brands capitalize on the commercial holidays and reap the rewards of excited consumers for months leading up to the festivities.
For retail marketers, Christmas in July is a key moment when Holiday promotions, designs, and overall planning is reviewed and signed-off. Here are a few ways to get ahead of the holidays:
1. Determine POS Campaign Goal
- What is the objective or business goal?
- Who is your Target Market?
- When will your retail campaign be in market?
- What does success look like to you?
- What is your budget?
2. Organize Key Dates
- MAY: Typically, the client with brief the design agency on the scope of the project by reviewing various details like, the goal, timing and what it will look like in market.
- JULY: Various concepts are created and reviewed with the client – they will be refined until a single design is approved.
- AUGUST: The production of structure and dyelines are created – the artwork is applied to the dyelines and sent to the printer to be produced/printed.
- SEPTEMBER: Once completed, everything will be kitted and shipped to a central or individual warehouses depending on what has been established with the client.
- OCTOBER/NOVEMBER: Displays are set up in-store for the launch.
HOLIDAY DESIGN INSPIRATION
Photographer: Russ Turner
The most wonderful time of year will be here before you know it, so now’s the time to start planning your in-store marketing campaigns. Brands who go above and beyond in their POS marketing efforts are more likely to capture the attention of new customers and forge stronger relationships with loyal consumers, ensuring you maximize on the most profitable time of year.
Main St. Group is here to help with your holiday shopping list of ideas for you retail marketing campaigns. Get ahead of the competition and reach out to today to see how we can make an impact on your holiday season!