CAPABILITIES | 23 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VISUAL MERCHANDISING
Jan. 27, 2023 – If you’re a retail marketer in 2023 there is no doubt that you know the impact of visual merchandising and how consumer behaviour is affected by it. Every day, people are making decisions like what to do, where to go, and what to buy based on the visuals they see, so let’s dive into the 23 stats that all marketers should know about the visual decisions making trend:
- 77% of shoppers use a mobile device to search for products.
- 80% of shoppers say the customer experience is as important as the products and services.
- The average person’s attention span is 8 seconds or less – which, remarkably, is shorter than the attention span of a goldfish
- 65% of individuals say they’re visual learners
- Visuals increase message retention by 42%
- Colours visuals are proven to increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%
- 90% of information sent to the brain is visual
- 65% of people are visual learners
- Only 10% of heard information is retained three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, 65% of the information is retained three days later.
- The average person reads only 20% of a web page, but will view every image
- Including a photo next to an item on a restaurant menu increases its orders by 30%.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider a business whose images appear in local search results.
- 53% of consumers found images more important than ratings or reviews.
- 63% of consumers said good images are more important than product descriptions.
- Using a video on a landing page increase conversion by 86%.
- 67% of product users say images are very important when making a purchasing decision.
- 64% of women say images influence their purchasing decisions when shopping for apparel on mobile.
- 88% of consumers have purchased something they’ve pinned.
- 46% of consumers say their purchasing decisions are influenced by Pinterest photos.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81X more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Instagram users are 70% more likely to purchase a product online.
- People who shop on their phones say images are the most important feature.
- 43% of consumers are influenced to purchase by photos they see on Instagram.
Contact us to learn how you can start capitalizing on your visual merchandising strategy today.